Fresh Basil Pesto recipe – made with an abundance of nutritious fresh basil leaves, rich extra virgin olive oil, flavorful parmesan cheese, bold garlic and buttery pine nuts.
It’s a proud and vibrant sauce that never disappoints!
Homemade Pesto Recipe
This easy basil pesto can come together in just minutes, and the food processor does most of the work!
Never had it before and wondering what it tastes like? It tastes incredibly herby (think strong basil flavor), very fresh, and has quite noticeable garlic undertones. Hints of cheese shine through and the nuts and olive oil more so add body and richness.
This vibrant and beautiful sauce is one of the most flavorful things you’ll ever make and eat, yet it uses just a handful of ingredients.
This traditional Italian recipe is a must in your recipe book! And there are countless ways you can use this versatile, healthy pesto.
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Ways to Use Pesto
- toss with cooked pasta (just about any type, tortellini or gnocchi are excellent options too)
- use as sandwich spread, or turkey burger spread
- toss with salad (and not just green leafy salad)
- spread over pizza
- stick with it as is for a bread dip or mix some into other dips (spinach artichoke dip)
- toss with meatballs
- toss with vegetables; fresh, roasted, sautéed (tomatoes, potatoes, corn etc)
- add to lasagna
- serve over chicken, beef, lamb or seafood
- make a chicken salad, tuna salad, or pasta salad
- dollop over a bowlful of soup
- add to eggs or a frittata
- bake with it – mix into bread dough and more
- layer over bruschetta
Powered by WPeMatico