Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is a hearty meal that you can make with leftover holiday turkey or ground turkey — an easy recipe for a scrumptious weeknight meal that your family is sure to love.
Hi! My name is Kimberly from A Night Owl Blog, and I am so excited to be here on The Slow Roasted Italian. During the winter months, delicious soups and stews are always a big hit in our home – like this Cheesy Italian Sausage Potato Chowder . I love them because they’re easy to put together, especially if you’re using a slow cooker. My boys love them because they are hearty meals that fill their bellies!And chances are if you’ve had a holiday meal or two, you might just have some leftovers. What I love about this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is that you can start with your leftover holiday turkey or for the rest of the year simply brown a pound of ground turkey – both are equally delicious!
Then you’ll add standard chili ingredients and spices that’ll combine for one easy and hearty weeknight dinner.
HELPFUL TIPS TO MAKE SLOW COOKER TURKEY CHILI:
- This is an excellent recipe for left over turkey.
- You can also use ground turkey in this recipe.
- To kick it up you can add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or 1-2 diced jalapenos added at the start of cooktime.
- To thicken up the chili, you can mash one can of the beans in the slow cooker and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is freezer friendly. Allow chili to cool to room temperature. Portion into containers. Top with plastic wrap pressed onto the chili (to help keep out freezer burn). Replace lid and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator and reheat low and slow.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE SLOW COOKER TURKEY CHILI:
- Slow Cooker – the slow cooker is almost my most used kitchen gadget, especially during fall/winter! It’s just so convenient, and lets face it, it makes comfort food taste even better!
Lazy Day Chili is a thick and hearty chili that comes together in just 15 minutes, using only 5 ingredients. Truly one of our favorite chili recipes ever it is perfect for winter or fall, spring or even summer barbecuing. Any recipe that tastes this good and can be put together on a lazy day is a keeper in my book!
Easy Slow Cooker Chili is a simple recipe that is perfect to feed a crowd! Our HEARTY slow cooker chili is fully loaded; packed with meat, beans and just the right amount of heat to make your tongue tingle. Cooked in your crock pot all day or in just 4 hours. It’s up to you, it doesn’t get much easier than that!
SERVES 6 | PREP TIME 15 Min | COOK TIME 4 Hours 15 Min
3-4 cups of roasted turkey, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
2 cups frozen corn
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
shredded Monterey jack cheese
Add all ingredients (except garnishes) to a 5-quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through. Top with your favorite garnishes. Serve and enjoy!
COOK’S NOTES: You can use 1 pound of ground turkey fried in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, in place of the roasted turkey.
Recipe developed by Kimberly Sneed for The Slow Roasted Italian
Copyright ©2017 The Slow Roasted Italian – All rights reserved.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Source: Slow Cooker Turkey Chili